Sunday 23 June 2013

Sunny Sunday

The clouds were undecided today. Should they come or should they go? As the sun sets off Kommetjie, they have mostly dissipated, leaving the mountains on this side of the Peninsula bathed in a gentle golden light. As the sun sets, the moon (full at some time last night/today) will rise over False Bay, treating those who face East to a spectacular sight and doubtless there will be many photographs of the silvery reflection across the bay - the north-west wind always flattens the surface, making moonlight shots so special.

The angle of the sun is such that it is reflecting off the windows of the cableway on top of Table Mountain - the only few days of the years this happens at sunset. Always my favourite view.

We took the dogs down to Scarborough this afternoon in the Mini and I took a photo of the car before walking down the mountainside with the dogs on their leads. In the melee, I unfortunately pocket-dialled (I think that's the polite term!) my son in London and it was only when I held the phone up to take another picture that I could see I was connected to him! "Hullo? Hullo? Did you phone me?" Oh dear! "Have a nice day - can't afford this call!" was all I had to say. I didn't feel bad because he can phone me for very little, but I think that minute and a half in my pocket cost me about R30! Just my luck to pocket-dial an international number.

Of course, he thought it was funny!



No comments:

Post a Comment