Monday 10 June 2013

Different dinners





 To the left is a rather large pasty I made. It started out looking fairly medium-sized when I put it on the baking tray, but the pastry expanded beyond all expectations for frozen ready-made puff pastry. This is by no means a small dinner plate either. However, the pasties went down a treat with those who got them. The best filling is raw rump steak cut into squares and they cook in the time it takes the pastry to cook.  Rather like a poor man's Beef Wellington, I suppose!

To the right is Day 34 of rice and chicken! I eat this twice a day (with only some minor infringements), as it is the most easily digestible food while my insides sort themselves out. I season it with Herbs de Provence and throw in some quinoa which gives the rice a nutty and protein-filled boost, together with green veg. In this instance it is Romain (?) cauliflower, an absolutely delicious cross between broccoli and cauliflower (almost) with an exquisite fractal design. The photo doesn't do it justice. If you can find it, buy it. The most hardened broccoli hater will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment