Thursday 6 June 2013

Fish, flu and flamingos

The only good thing that has come from this flu is that I have forced myself to attend to some long-outstanding work in the bookkeeping arena and am actually feeling less pressurised by my procrastination. I feel a breakthrough coming on...

The weather has been beautiful, with the sea like a pond again, and dotted with little boats trying to catch a few snoek before the next bout of bad weather. The larger ships seems to be scuttling around Cape Point today in anticipation of same, so plenty of activity.

The flamingos are down to about 20 at the moment, but every day brings a different number and we hope they will all be back soon. Congratulations to the person who has already managed to have a sign erected making it quite clear that all dogs must be on a lead. These signs have always been around, but now it is right next to the area where the flamingos are feeding. Who knows? It may even work.

I have been surrounded by concern for my health and am very grateful for the care shown by my friends, old and new. Supplements and cold remedies have abounded, and a bag of Choc Chip Cookies (home made) was slipped through my gate unnoticed. I have kept a respectable distance from everyone to keep my germs to myself, but a friend that I saw at the mall the other day has also got it, and I am sure that's where we were exposed to it. Perhaps there is some sense in walking around with face masks, a la Michael Jackson! :)

The latest remedy I am taking seems to be working already and I'm hoping that tomorrow will be even better than today!

No comments:

Post a Comment