Tuesday 25 June 2013

Eating out again!?

Another sublime Kerula Prawn Curry at the Pickled Fish at Imhoff Farm. A friend who shares my passion for this particular dish is leaving on a cycling holiday in the Netherlands tomorrow and didn't feel like cooking tonight, so had the bright idea to go out for dinner on a sometimes wet and windy evening. Despite two extremely short (perhaps 30 seconds) and very heavy rain showers on the way, the evening air was surprisingly mild and some stars and a couple of planets shone down on us as we strolled through the farm courtyard. We weren't the only patrons who had the prawn curry - apparently a very popular dish.

As usual, I left my bag (open - I never zip it up) on the floor next to me, and some time during the evening I looked down and saw one of the biggest cats I have ever seen neatly curled up inside the bag. Not quite the cat in the hat! It looked so happy there I didn't bother to turf it out, and when I eventually dug both hands in underneath it, it kind of rolled like a large bean bag onto the cold concrete floor, glared at me and immediately dived back into the bag!


I suspect it was hoping for a spare prawn, but I'm afraid the dining was too sumptuous to share with a cat - we almost licked the plates!

For dessert, which we really didn't need, we shared the Cape Brandy Pudding. It was a pleasingly modest-sized portion of moist sponge which may have been steamed (it had such a good texture) with generous dates and nuts added in the traditional manner. Well worth the extra exercise that will be needed.

Don't hold back if you are looking for a really excellent dining experience - this is the place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment