Saturday 8 June 2013

Cold and alternately wet and sunny Cape Town!

The only good thing about having flu and needing to veg out on the couch like a potato is that there is a little tennis (tomorrow) and there is a marathon on TV of the Big Bang Theory. I am the last person to recommend using the TV to pass the time, but this has to be one of my all-time favourite shows. The script is sparkling and each character is the star of the show. I would love to know whether Sheldon is normal in real life as even his face suits the role. Howard is so well cast in his grossness I can't imagine him ever having a real girlfriend and those pants of his just couldn't be worn by anyone else. Raj and Leonard could probably never play anything else now that we know them in these roles.

He Who Can Fix Anything is racing today, otherwise I have no doubt I would be up the ladder painting again. I believe that is what is on the agenda for tomorrow, so I will have to pull out all the stops to look weak and pathetic as I loll on the couch. As I lie here and look at the ceiling I can see that the chimney flue has leaked (this is the first time in the 20 years or so that we have had it) and left a stain on the ceiling. This confirms what everyone is saying about leaks appearing in places that they have never been before. The weather is definitely coming from a different direction and greater intensity than the old weather patterns, so we are all going to have to adjust to this. HWCFA will have to take the fireplace out and close up the roof and ceiling - another challenge I am sure he will just relish! Or not.

As usual the sun and rain is alternating, leaning towards more sun, and tomorrow is forecast to be all sunny, so let's hold thumbs! Perhaps the flamingos will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment