Tuesday 4 June 2013

And the painting drags on...

Never, ever paint your room dark blue. It has taken three coats of white, so far, to cover the blue and I think another coat will be needed. We will have to put two coats of the new colour, Winter Savannah, over the white. By the time we are finished, the room will be considerably smaller and the walls much thicker! The smell of the paint is giving me a bad cough and the windows have to be left open day and night despite the icy temperatures at present. I think what I am trying to say is, rather get a painter! Having despatched the last one for DoD, I am currently scouting for a replacement, otherwise this business could drag on for another week.

I took a turn up the ladder today, craning my neck towards the ceiling, and battling to see where I had already painted, as the ceiling has now had four coats and is looking very white. The paint tray has to be kept on a table in the middle of the room, as the ladder doesn't have a shelf and so I am up and down the ladder like a jack-in-the-box. The knees click as I change altitude. I've never been very good on ladders and I missed the last step, falling sideways across the table and landing with my bum in the paint tray! What a laugh. It improved my mood no end, as I was really getting irritated with the painting - I prefer oil on canvas.

I had to whip my clothes off and run them under the bath tap before the paint set, as past experience has taught me that it's not going to come off. At least not the acrylics I use on canvas. Lucky I had old clothes on, so it won't matter if the paint sticks - I must have known how this story ended!

No comments:

Post a Comment