Tuesday 18 June 2013

Out for dinner again!

Out to dinner two nights in a row! Talk about living the high life! Six months or more can go by without anything exciting happening and now all together. Last night was a family birthday where I consumed nothing that formed part of my favoured diet and consequently lay awake the whole night (3 hours' sleep). That'll teach me to eat chocolate cake.

Tonight it is Thai chicken curry and rice, my ideal choice, and live theatre, so plenty to look forward to. Different crowd, so am wearing the same outfit after a quick though unnecessary launder - no wild partying, dancing on tables or wine-throwing last night. Came home as clean as I went. Hopefully tonight will be more of the same - it's my first Toastmasters dinner, so how they let their hair down will be revealed soon.

After a blustery start to the day with temperatures in the upper twenties, it has suddenly become very cool and cloudy, and will no doubt rain as we step out of the car in the carpark.

Otherwise I have spent the day gainfully employed for a change, hard at it at the computer, and have even advanced my novel by 700 words, so I feel I have earned an evening's fun. Will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment