Wednesday 12 June 2013

Domestic issues

Made vegetable soup for supper. Filled the pot too full and went off to do something else, as usual. When I returned to the kitchen, it looked as though someone had vomited all over the stove after eating finely diced vegetables - I'm sure you get the picture. Anyway, after all that was cleaned up, the soup level had reduced enough to continue cooking and I then blitzed it and it became a much smoother version. Did the taste test and as usual it tasted like nothing, despite having a few pieces of shin in it and copious amounts of a variety of seasonings. What is it about vegetable soup that is so boring? Anyway, K dollied it up and it then became acceptable enough. But I will rather stick to pea soup in future, because that always comes out fantastically for some reason.

The painting is nearly complete and curtains and new bedding have been acquired. K will be living in a transformed space of light and tasteful decor, while I continue to make do with an odd assortment of Sheet Street specials. It's a case of either living in style without animals or getting your knickers in a knot. I have always gone the route of making sure that anything that gets destroyed won't be worth getting upset over! K thinks I am mad, and that is quite possibly so, but I always thought that everyone, including the animals, would eventually grow up and leave home and I could then do everything my way, but that hasn't happened.

Perhaps it's me who will have to grow up and leave home? Now there's a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment