Wednesday 5 June 2013

Felled by the flu

The storms are past for the moment, but will return on Saturday, we are told. Today is a typical June day, with no wind, sunshine, flat sea and the flamingos are back in force after being chased away by the squalls. But I can't enjoy any of it, as I have been felled by the flu. I haven't had so much as a cold in years, so it's a real pain to have droopy eyes, a nose running like an open tap, coughing like a TB patient and a head that feels as though it is in a vice.

I have had to waive the Tai Chi, as exercising when you have flu is a big no-no, and tonight I was supposed to make my first speech at Toastmasters. That will have to happen at a later date now, as I don't think they will appreciate me bringing lungfuls of germs to the meeting. I am disappointed to miss some of the other speakers as they are very entertaining and certainly something to aspire to.

Supper is cooking and the chores of the day are done, so I think a well-deserved loaf on the couch watching Nadal at the French Open is called for. He Who Can Fix Anything offered to get himself a takeaway, so that I didn't have to cook, but unfortunately that was all dealt with early on. I'll have to jump on that bandwagon another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment