Monday 20 June 2016

Birdie num nums!

Now this is the weather for me - short, sharp showers from the south west, followed by cerulean skies and warm sunshine. Everything is sparkling with diamond drops, a signal for the birds to come out of the sheltering shrubbery and celebrate!
A friend who knows how to give great gifts introduced me to the suet ball for birds and although it took a few days before they discovered it, the white eyes and starlings soon demolished them and I had to replenish the treats! Today there were so many birds twittering and squabbling over the suet ball that I think multiple feeders are needed. The starlings make the initial approach, dropping crumbs everywhere, and then the white eyes dive bomb into the fray, while a robin and boubou sneak in to hop among the crumbs on the deck and in the potplants. A weaver came to have a look, but declined to join in.




What a great opportunity for birdwatching and photography from the comfort of my balcony. Now all I have to do is work on my camera skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment