Tuesday 7 January 2014

This and that

Still borrowing bandwidth at the coffee shop! So far I have spent R60 on my cellphone and have not got to the part where you actually speak to a telephone operator at Telkom! Talk about inefficiency and lack of service! If it was just about Facebook access and blogging, it wouldn't really matter, but I actually get all my work via email and cannot afford to be out of touch with the world like this.

The rainy weather is persisting, although it's not at all cold, but my car has decided to play up and won't start - something is draining the battery and I suspect it is something to do with the tail lights. It happened before and then a globe went and the problem was gone. Now HWCFA has fixed the lights, the battery is draining again! He hasn't fixed that! Looks like I'll have to take it to the auto-electrician once I've push-started it. It's funny how these things only happen when it's raining - almost as though it wants you to get wet.

The interesting thing is, I have dead straight hair, but I've discovered that if it gets rained on and it dries without me putting a comb through it, it has all sorts of kinks and curls. I have thought of not combing it after a shower, but that would mean looking like I'd been pulled through a bush backwards, and that wouldn't quite compensate for the extra body achieved!

By now, dear reader, you will have realised that I am still pretty much work-bound and have had little opportunity to go out into the world and have a bit of fun, hence the lack of an interesting topic. Oh, yesterday I was on my way out of the door to go to Tai Chi class (first time in about 6 weeks) when I got an sms to invite me to breakfast at the Foodbarn at Noordhoek Farm Village. Needless to say, I went into full rewind mode and reversed back to my cupboard, ripped off the Tai Chi clothes and donned some finery. Within 3 minutes I was on my way to a most delightful interlude, before resuming work mid-morning.

A well-deserved escape, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment