Wednesday 8 January 2014

Change of food and weather!

Mmmm! Mmmm! Mmm! The cooler weather has heralded the return of curry to the menu! I have missed you! The little doggies won't be charmed, because this is the one dish that they are not allowed to lick or have leftovers from (leftovers! I don't think so!) because I doubt whether it's good for their digestion. Tonight I was lazy and just threw in a few tablespoons of good ol' Rajah and a teaspoon of Durban chilli paste to sort out the heat factor and it sure is delicious.

I thought we were going to have torrential rain here today and forbade my daughter from venturing out onto the roads (why look for trouble in a place that swarms with bad drivers?) and as it turned out, it didn't rain - in fact the sun blazed down. But the southern Cape seems to have had the weather, with 82mm at Cape Agulhas in an hour and a half, I hear. That is quite excessive. Rivers will all be coming down in flood and it's a good time not to going canoeing on any of them as it takes only minutes for the water level to rise and sweep everything away that's in its path. It's happened before and it will happen many more times. Extreme weather is battering the northern hemisphere, with chunks of the UK coastline disappearing into the sea, and lakes freezing in the USA.

On a lighter note, I'm off to make my speech now - just filling the coffee flask and must concentrate - last time I forgot to put the water in and poured out an inch of cold milk with a teaspoon of coffee in it! What a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment