Saturday 25 January 2014

Busy, busy, busy

It's been a long day. It started at 3am when I woke up and couldn't go to sleep, so I read for a bit and eventually at 5am decided to just get up anyway. I started sorting out a box of shampoo/body wash bottles that I have collected from hotels and B&Bs on my gallivants around Europe and South Africa over the last few years. It's amazing how long it takes to use up all these things. Then there was a shelf full of sample-sized Clarins product which they hand out every time you buy a face cream or spend a certain amount. Some of them had passed their sell-by date - I never seem to get round to the whole night cream-face mask-eye rejuvenator-body lotion scenario - but if I don't start using them soon, I will also be past my sell-by date!

Next it was a cup of tea, and while I was waiting for the kettle to boil, the pile of ironing beckoned and I thought, well it's now or never! After a few shirts had borne the brunt of my attack with the steam iron, I noticed that the dresser had a layer of dust on it, so then it was out with the damp cloth and wiping of every visible surface. That done, I began to sort out odd half-boxes of ingredients in the store cupboard, where I found a premix packet for blueberry muffins. Rather than throw it out, I whipped up the ingredients and soon had 12 blueberry muffins cooling on a rack! By then it was 6.30 and time to take my picture of Table Mountain to send out into the world.

Then a little work on the computer, shower, dress, put on washing, breakfast and off to Fish Hoek to collect some work that must be done by Monday. Then a quick cappuccino and a bit of shopping before going through to Glencairn to pick up the cat who has been on a drip at the vet for 2 days. She seems to have recovered and now it's the bank balance that is sick - no antibiotics for that! She is re-hydrated and eating again, although not yet her old self, but on the mend.

Having dropped Felix off at home and packed away the shopping, I then had to return the cat box to the vet up the road, buy a cooldrink for HWCFA, put on the Lotto and drop some keys off at the local estate agent. And finally, off for brunch with Mom, Dad and sisters at the local nursery. Phew! 10.30.

The afternoon was the normal work on the computer and for supper I have made a Spanish omelette - my first attempt and looking good even though I say so myself. Unfortunately the main ingredient is potatoes, which is off the menu, but for tonight it will have to be back on.

Oh, I almost forgot - also made a batch of homemade chocolates from raw cacao paste, cacao butter, agave syrup and raw honey, and chopped almonds. Eat your heart out, Lindt!

Today has been unusually busy and I can assure you that it was just a flash in the pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment