Tuesday 19 July 2016

Wintry walk

Lovely blustery day today, with no sign of the rain we were promised - not in Kommetjie, anyway - so got two walks in! I only walk when the urge moves me, otherwise I just feel resentful at unwanted exercise, and a good northwester is the motivator. A heavy break at the lighthouse released the heavy scent of sinus-clearing, freshly turned kelp, ever a favourite of mine, and a shaft of late afternoon sun glittered a path across the sea.
There was no one in sight and no other dogs so I took the opportunity to give Cleo a run off the lead to see how she behaved, and it was gratifying to have her stay within a few metres and immediately rush to my feet at a call. Such a change from poor old Monty, who was ever on the lookout for an escape and could never be let off the leash. One time he ran from the crayfish factory beach all the way along the rocks past Misty Cliffs to Scarborough, while we followed by car from the carpark along the coast road and eventually cornered him somewhere along the way. I think he slept for a day after that escapade!
So walking Cleo may be a much more relaxing outing and hopefully  will encourage me to be a little more inclined and less reclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment