Sunday 17 July 2016

Laundry overload

I know I am not alone in thinking that someone is secretly dropping off their laundry at my house every day, as it is not unusual for me to do up to four loads in a day, today being no exception. Maybe it's because of winter clothes being bulky and taking up machine space, or perhaps we just are too quick to wash clothes that aren't dirty. I can state quite categorically that if we were still in the handwashing stage or down on a riverbank pummelling our deerskins on a rock, an annual washday would suffice! Today's modern conveniences lead too easily to wastefulness of resources such as water and electricity, but the upside is that the frequent trips up and down the stairs and the reaching down and stretching up when hanging the washing provide excellent exercise for all parts of the body, so there is no need for going to a gym.
Pets are the guilty parties, particularly when of advanced age, or if they are young and unable to resist gobbling their food. Loose rugs are not for warmth, decoration or pleasing decor. They are but receptacles of deposits from either end of the dogs (somehow the cats keep it outside). But they are loose for that very reason and into the washing machine they go. No need to stress. Life goes on. However, if I had had any idea of how many times they would be washed, I would have definitely bought an industrial machine!
Today was a washing day, when I had planned to recline on the couch watching the golf. At least I am getting to see the last two hours of a 4-day tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment