Wednesday 27 July 2016

A long day

One of those days where almost everything went wrong. It started off with a flat car battery thanks to someone who shall remain nameless using it and forgetting to turn off the lights. Oh no, it started earlier - at 2am old Monty decided to go walkabout and wandered up and down the house and garden for about half an hour while I waited to put him back to bed with a blanket. So a rather disturbed sleep.
Headed off to the shops for essential supplies and filled the bottom of a trolley for R1400. WhIle I was out, multiple phone calls from HWCFA - I really will turn off my phone one of these days and just be unreachable. Various errands for others added some unnecessary stress to the day, and then a truck turned up to deliver roof sheeting, and that had to be suitably placed - 11 metre lengths, for crying out loud.
In between all this, cleaning up after the dogs, cooking, etc. I've always said that behind every successful woman is great household help, so no wonder I am still trundling along!
A delightful walk to the lighthouse with my delightful doggie, Cleo, put a slightly more delightful tone on the day, which will end with another delightful dinner produced by She Who Is Seriously Thinking of Taking a Sabbatical!

No comments:

Post a Comment