Sunday 10 July 2016

Monty survives another day

Last night Monty had a mishap and fell off the stairs onto the bricks below - the height about three metres. He made two grumbling sounds as I flew down to pick up what I thought must be the mangled remains, only to find him on all fours, looking slightly bemused. He tottered towards me as he always does due to bad arthritis and I picked him up without a squeal.  He appeared to be all intact, so I took him back upstairs and gave him a lamb chop! This was just the ticket and he went outside and down the stairs into the garden to do the last business before retiring to his cushion and blanket and a good night's sleep.
He seems better than ever, as though he's had an adjustment at the chiropractor.
It's a miracle that he even survived and I can only imagine that his guardian angel caught him and wafted him gently to the ground. There can be no other explanation.
Of course, the stairs have now been entirely cased in a safety net! No need to take chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment