Tuesday 17 November 2015

The call of the open road

Felt like a road trip today, so I went to the Wimpy.
What's a road trip without breakfast at the Wimpy? Or Wimpy without the road trip? For me, a road trip has always ended in Knysna, either at Under Milkwood on the Heads, or Peace of Eden on the Rheenendal road.
An early start would get us to Riversdale at 10 and we would pull in for petrol at the Wimpy overlooking the cemetery and the river. The food was always the same over 10 years or so and even now, 20 years later, as I ate my breakfast at the window of the newly refurbished Wimpy at Longbeach Mall, with a sweeping panoramic view of the mountains of Noordhoek and Chapman's Peak, nothing had changed. Correction, the coffee is excellent!
If only Knysna was just around the corner. Perhaps one of these days I'll pack my laptop and phone into the boot with a small suitcase and head out into the wild blue yonder, go where the road leads me and have a small adventure again. The joys of freelancing and technology. Perhaps I'll become a real travel blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment