Friday 20 November 2015

Great things happening in the food world

The second half of yesterday was far more palatable than the first, as it involved an excellent light lunch at Oyo, V&A Waterfront Hotel, at the launch of Jenny Morris's latest cookery book, World Atlas of Food. The setting was incomparable, with natural wonder of the world, Table Mountain, as a backdrop and my favourite foreground, water with boats! There is nothing quite like the sights and smells associated with boating, from the tiniest rowboat to an ocean liner. I love it!
 

 
 The launch was to introduce the book to the media and everyone had their name tag and business name for some handy networking. I of course went as myself and had to admit that I was a friend of Jenny's and had no connection to anything in particular. However, in conversation with so many interesting people, it transpired that I did have something to offer and some excellent opportunities are headed my way. All it requires is motivation and dedication on my side.
As always, Jenny made a marvellous speech in her inimitable way that endears her to so many, and a special wine label dedicated to the Giggling Gourmet from Perdeberg Winery was also launched at the event. The chef at Oyo introduced himself and gave us the lowdown on his plans for the restaurant, which, if the canapes are anything to go by, will soon become the new place to eat in Cape Town. They were to die for!
An excellent venue, incomparable company and a book full of recipes that you and I can make with just about everything already in a well-stocked pantry and fridge - nothing too exotic or outrageous - will ensure the success of this latest venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment