Tuesday 10 November 2015

Some days are just like that

There are not that many days in the year that I am unable to achieve my desired level of natural cheerfulness, but today was such a one. I get really irritated with myself when I can't drag my mood up, and the whole problem was a series of events completely beyond my ability to influence.
1. Constant reminders of our corrupt and totally unscrupulous government. If only there were a blocking button for all references to them, particularly photographs.
2. Driving behind an old pick up at a snail's pace for 10km over Ou Kaapse Weg with a driver obviously having nowhere in particular to go.
3. The cherry on the top - an entire day's work on a book I am editing lost due to a corrupt file (not just politicians!) with little prospect of recovery (much like the money!).
It is at times like this that the only solution is to go outside onto the balcony and look out into space, at the clouds, the magnificent sunset we had tonight, the pink glow on the mountains of the Peninsula, the birds flying overhead on their way to roost for the night and inhale the heady scent of the jasmine that clambers up the side of the house.
Breathe out and let it all go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment