Monday 16 June 2014

The great outdoors

This week we took Mango and Biggles outside on their harnesses - Biggles was outside for the first time in his little life so we didn't want him to get frightened - and he was quite happy in the harness. Mango was out for the first time since she got stuck up a tree and poked her eye about a month ago! We've had to keep the house closed up for weeks and it's been a real bind with letting the dogs in and out. Today I left the door open and let them out into the big wide world!


It was straight up a tree for Mango, closely followed by the intrepid Biggles, and in no time they were peering out of the top branches. They explored up and down for about half an hour, while I watched anxiously in case they climbed over into the neighbour's garden, but they seemed to be quite happy in the home tree and I left them to it. Later Mango came inside for a snack and I went out to look for Biggles.
He was still in the top branches and I thought of getting a ladder, but suddenly he ran down a branch and launched himself about 8 feet down onto the bricks - obviously, he is a cat! So no worries about them going outside.

After all the fresh air, they have slept for hours now. It took me a long time to find Biggles and I did in fact go round the whole garden calling for him. Of course, he was sleeping behind the computer screen where I was working - nice and warm! He really is difficult to spot in the gloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment