Sunday 15 June 2014

Bumbling along the boardwalk

The 6 metre swells at Cape Point were really pushing today and at high tide there was the usual turnout to enjoy the ozone at the lighthouse. Saw a whole new crowd - everyone has their habitual walking time, so if you go out randomly you will eventually meet everyone you know - and all were in a mutual state of dishevelment in the blustery conditions. I actually forgot to take my coat and hat, as there is no wind in our garden and you tend to forget how cold it can be next to the sea, but although everyone else was dressed like Scott of the Antarctic, I didn't feel particularly cold in my long-sleeved t-shirt. Perhaps it was because I was carrying Susie, my blind doggie. It was quite difficult to hold the dog and take pictures at the same time, so you will have to excuse the horizons.

Yes, that is a very large container vessel!


I can certainly never be accused of being overly fussy about my appearance and usually one combing of my hair after I wash it every morning will suffice. Blow-drying seldom is on the agenda, and a chance glance in a mirror at the mall will always giving me a fleeting feeling of disappointment, but out of sight, out of mind, as they say. The one thing I am particular about, though, is track suit pants. I would never voluntarily be seen in public in what, to me, are pyjamas and they are strictly my comfortable 'at home doing housework' pants. I was quite mortified yesterday when I realised, halfway through my walk, that I had forgotten to change out of them. They are of the grey and baggy-kneed variety. I know that nobody even noticed but somehow it just didn't feel right. So today, despite forgetting the coat and hat, I put my jeans on early in the day, just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment