Monday 23 June 2014

A great seat, but mind your feet!

I was fortunate enough to be given this 'typist's chair' - I suppose you could call it a kneeler - by someone who was throwing it out and I have to say it is without a doubt the most comfortable chair I have ever sat on at a desk. My shoulders don't get stiff and sore, I'm always sitting up straight, and the backs of my legs don't get the kind of pressure that forms cellulite.
It is a question of getting the pressure evenly distributed between the base of the spine and your shins. However, if you are clumsy like me, and prone to tripping, usually up flights of stairs, it is best to remove both feet from between the 'seats' before standing up and walking away. This afternoon, having become quite au fait with the workings of this chair, I leapt up and got my foot tangled somewhere in there, with the result that I fell through the doorway next to the desk, bashing both shins and knees, arms and hands, while frantically holding my head up to avoid a collision with the door frame and subsequent loss of front teeth. The chair landed upside down.

Oh, the pain! A huge chunk of flesh has disappeared from one shin and there will be bruises tomorrow. All I could do was lie there groaning and rubbing my legs to lessen the pain, while not one cat or dog came to see how I was. K was using the hairdryer and had her earphones on, so any hope of rescue was in vain. If I had broken a leg, no one would have known.

Eventually I managed to haul myself up off the ground and hobble to her room, where her first reaction, on seeing that I wasn't actually incapacitated,was to ask where the cats were as I may have frightened them! Monty did lick my wounds, although I don't know if that is such a good idea, and I can only hope that there will be suitably impressive bruises, otherwise there will be no chance of sympathy from anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment