Saturday 9 January 2016

New pet, ongoing project

As if I didn't already have enough to keep me busy! New puppy very cute (aren't they all?) and no trouble despite being a pooping, peeing machine! All very tiny and manageable and becoming easy to predict so can rush her outside every hour. Lots of sleeping for Cleo but not much for Robert who is in charge of her at night and has to wake up every three hours (LOL). Vengeance!
Oops! Seems like vengeance has bitten back - just stood in a present and had to wash the rug and my feet. Will have to become more vigilant, but in the meantime it's lucky I don't wear shoes otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. She spends the day alternating between frenetic activity and being dog tired, chewing everything in sight, particularly in the garden where she can't be unsupervised for a moment.
Also still working on my freelance editing, but have taken up my writing again after a gap of three years (can't believe where the time has gone), so have sent off the next 10 000 words for editing by a third party in the USA. Only an outsider will do, as the number one rule is never to show your work to anyone you know, as an unqualified comment can be the death of inspiration. The good thing is I am not being charged for proofreading, as I do that myself. Small mercies.
2016 is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment