Friday 15 January 2016

Fitting in with the furry family

Cleo has been living the life of a queen for a week now. She is still trying to wheedle her way into the hearts of Monty and Susie, but her modus operandi (biting at their heels) is not working! Monty is very grumpy and barks at her while on the run, and poor Susie can't see what she's dealing with but knows that the attention is not welcome. I think Cleo has identified Susie as her mother and longs to just lie quietly beside her. She does this at every opportunity.


At the moment she is still a pooping machine and I am still sourcing her 'presents' via my bare feet and more specifically, toes. The vet assures me that she is still too young to be house trained and we have a long flight of stairs to reach outside, which her tiny little legs cannot negotiate, either up or down, and so for the time being we will just have to persist with newspaper and lots of trips to the garden. Sleeping takes care of most of the day, interspersed with frenetic dragging of toys and shoes, much shaking (perhaps some terrier in her) and a lot of joyful puppy bouncing.
She is quite a biter, but has quickly learned that it is better to just roll over and let me tickle her tummy - much more satisfying than chewing on an old finger! Only I can do this to her, so perhaps it is a sign of things to come - a devoted companion for me. Of course, if she turns out to be a much bigger dog than anticipated, requiring lots of walks and runs, I will enlist Robert as chief dog exerciser!

No comments:

Post a Comment