Friday 15 May 2015

Stuff in the sky

If you want to take photos of birds, you have to be quick. Camera lens cover must be off, settings adjusted and eyes peeled. Invariably, I neither have the camera nor a cellphone at the ready. As I lift the tablet to take my Good Morning from Cape Town photo at sunrise, I usually spot a straggle of sacred ibis coming over from Hout Bay and endeavour to frame them artistically. The results are not often what is desired, as the time taken to tap the right spot on the tablet screen far exceeds the time taken for the flock to fly overhead.
Biggles with two birds and a plane. 

An old Dakota flying by, very low and very slow. 
It took so long for me to set the cellphone that the Dakota, which was by far the slowest bird in the sky, disappeared behind the tree.
Some more successful shots.


A whole lot easier to take photos of the moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment