Wednesday 20 May 2015

Just not quick enough!

As you know, I spend a great deal of time looking up or out to sea from my deck. Today the Dakota flew slowly by at eye level, and once again the camera was not at the ready. Not half an hour later, a call came in on the landline and I had to be inside to answer. I missed an unprecedented fly-by of a flamboyance of flamingos as they took off from the Kom, circled past my house and flew out to sea before following the coastline to a nearby vlei. Can you believe it! About 150 of them. Curses!
I think I will confine myself to photographing clouds. They are far more compliant and tend to hang around much longer.
A favourite pastime of the family is to spot Venus in the daytime. This is not all that difficult if you know where the moon is and are up to date on when they will be close together. Tomorrow at noon will be a good time to look out, but be careful that you don't look at the sun, as you don't want a retinal meltdown.
It's okay to look at the sun as it sets, so I did, through the camera lens, with some quite pleasing results.But as usual, I missed the poachers' rubber duck as it sped past in the foreground!


No comments:

Post a Comment