Saturday 9 May 2015

Random ramblings

Another day, another sunset. Fills the heart with joy!

The weather forecasts are as temperamental as the weather itself. The source I rely on says no wind, 19 degrees. At the top of Table Mountain, the wind is gale force South East and no visibility; the wind is even pumping up the Fish Hoek valley. No wind here in Kommetjie. So please forgive my daily Facebook forecasts for being a little out if you don't live in the right place. The good thing is, no matter what the forecast, it will be correct even if only in a tiny corner of Cape Town!
It also became considerably warmer than 19 degrees, but being practically bedridden with a cold, I have taken full advantage of the situation to recline on the couch a la Rubens and enjoy some stunning tennis at the Madrid Open. Nadal has played at 3pm every afternoon and this has coincided with the time that my energy has flagged (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) and the tennis has been a real treat. Good to see Nadal getting back to form, but feel sorry for the players who are not in the top four who have dominated since 2010. There are many good ones who just can't get past them. If those ace-hitting guys start winning, I will stop watching, though. That makes for the most boring tennis ever, with little skill apart from strength.
On to other things... I am reading a book that I read in my teens and which made such an impression on me I have never forgotten it. On second reading, I am so happy to find that the impression hasn't lessened and I now appreciate the skill of the author! Lots to learn and plenty learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment