Monday 4 May 2015

My better broomstick

Came into a little money so I thought I'd buy me some new wheels. Turns out all I could afford was a better broomstick, but being a witchy woman, I'm actually quite pleased with my purchase.
It's going to rid my house of all the dog hair, cat hair, dust from the driveway that blows in with the south east gales, grindings from the garage that seep up through the floorboards and anything else that might want to irritate my airways. Yes, folks, I have a new vacuum cleaner - the Rolls Royce of vacuum cleaners, at a Rolls Royce price - a Dyson..
I had a friend round to help me unwrap and play with this new toy (why do they always relate to housework?) as she also has one and was in fact instrumental in persuading me to buy one. She only told me afterwards that they had got a massive discount on theirs! So we spent an hour discussing the merits of the newly vacuumed streak across the carpet compared with either side that hadn't been sucked by Electrolux in a decade and was decidedly the worse for wear. We both professed amazement at the return to almost new condition, then decided that the contraption required emptying and bustled off to the wheelie bin to do the dirty deed. At the touch of a button, the contents fell out and we expressed more amazement at the efficiency - not even German!
She left me to vacuum on, and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. Neither of us are what you might call houseproud - such a waste of a life, I think - but even I could work up some enthusiasm with such a tool!
And if nothing else, my better broomstick could probably be used as a conveyance, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment