Sunday 17 May 2015

If music be the food of life...

Having only very recently stepped into the world of smartphones and android (I may have the terminology wrong) and relinquished my old Nokia C-5 for the Samsung tablet, there has been no time for me to become jaded by all the exciting possibilities now at my fingertips. Speaking of which, years of hard labour in the kitchen and garden have worn my fingertips away and swiping the touch screen is the most difficult thing to do!
The occasional comment from a friend that I am excessively active on social media is not going to dampen my enthusiasm for discovery and sharing the things that excite me: a bird in the tree; a sudden spectacular sunset; thunderous Atlantic breakers; a particularly attractive plate of food... If it offends, please unfollow.
Although there is no doubt that the old Nokia still takes the most incredible photos, being able to whip out the tablet and share something I have enjoyed immensely immediately brings a lot of fun into life.
The newest thing I have discovered is Jango - yes, yes, I know....  I said I've only just moved into this arena.
Music is such an important part of my life - nothing I like better than listening to something that brings back memories. If they aren't good ones, just press fast forward. There aren't many of those, so my criterion for music selection is, if it doesn't grab you with the opening bars, delete. That's what is so great about Jango - you can tell it to never play a certain song again.
It's probably true that most of us have lived our lives to a background of music, and hearing a particular song is as evocative of important occasions as are photographs. It's all part of the sensory experience that is being human. The talented individuals who have created those songs that have travelled with us through life are a great blessing to the world.
And of course dancing while doing the housework keeps you fit and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment