Wednesday 4 December 2013

Two Oceans Toastmasters

What a great Toastmasters meeting we had tonight! There was music and dancing, speeches and evaluations of high standard - it is always a pleasure to go and learn from so many masters across diverse subjects. The leadership in our club is personified by vitality and exuberance, yet tempered with a measure of constructive advice on self-improvement in the public speaking sphere, which is the purpose of being a member. The degree of talent among the members, not only in speech making, but in their personal and public lives as well, is inspirational and I never fail to go away feeling somewhat of an underachiever, but soon recover my equilibrium once I am removed from the euphoria!

We are very fortunate to be regarded as one of the most spirited clubs, and long may it last! I was initially apprehensive about the 'formality' of the proceedings at Toastmasters, but the way in which new members are welcomed and encouraged to participate soon taught me that there were many people involved who had a great deal to teach me, so I'm more than happy with my decision to undertake what is more than just a course in public speaking.

Visitors are always most welcome, so be my guest!

No comments:

Post a Comment