Wednesday 11 December 2013

Tidying up loose ends and planning ahead

Still slogging away in the run-up to the year end and Christmas break. If it's anything like last year, I will still be working between Christmas and New Year, but with no plans for going anywhere, that doesn't really matter. It's madness out there on the roads and the malls are crowded - not circumstances I enjoy very much - and I'm already looking forward to the end of the summer holidays, when Cape Town becomes ours again.

I'm working on a list of destinations and things to do for my new blog, A Tourist for a Day, and that's going to be great fun. We sometimes neglect to travel in our own country, forgetting that millions arrive here each year to see things we take for granted. It may be like that all over the world - how many Romans visit the Colosseum or Parisians the Eiffel Tower?

I'll be taking a variety of friends with me, one at a time, to give a balanced viewpoint. Two heads are generally better than one, and if there are two bodies as well, so much the better. Any suggestions on places to go and things to do are most welcome. I hope it will be an interesting and informative blog that will blossom into a more extensive travelogue in the future! After all, if some travel books are written by authors who never leave their armchairs, how much better won't life experience be?


No comments:

Post a Comment