Friday 13 December 2013

Making a coat for the Mini

Been too busy to blog. Still too busy to blog. Looks like everyone will be on holiday except me. Par for the course.

Spent a few hours over the last day or two making a car cover for the Mini. Let me say straight away that I did very little of the work! The credit goes to my good friend, Anke, who is a whizz with a sewing machine and with a lifetime of design experience just did the most marvellous job! My contribution was to buy the material, give her a piece of chalk and hold the material over the car to make the templates. I did make her copious cups of tea while she sewed and assisted with the fittings. The amount of material involved made it seem like we were making a wedding dress, but deft fingers and a magnifying glass for threading the needle made short work of what seemed like a massive job. Between us we only have two good eyes, but our perspective is great and we shared many a laugh as she slaved away.

The finished product, complete with hole for aerial, is awaiting the return home of HWCFA. Let's hope he likes his surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment