Friday 19 July 2013

Aloe, aloe!



As Austin Powers would say, "Yeah, baby!!" I have conquered the computer and have all uploading and downloading functionality again. (Ok, did get some advice from someone who knows about these things, but did the dirty deed all on my own.) The secret was to delete my browsing history (had to think a bit before hitting the Delete button) and start with an unclogged memory. Perhaps that is what we need to do with our brains when they get overloaded!

You may wonder what this has to do with the pictures of the aloes - nothing at all, just wanted to update on the whingeing I have been doing about not using pictures in my blogs.

These aloes and leucadendrons are in front of my house and I am very proud of my gardening efforts. You would never say I have been living here for 31 years if you looked at my garden, particularly this part, but things are coming on. The rest of the neighbourhood looks magnificent, with vast displays of aloes, proteas, calendulas and succulents dotted around the ancient milkwoods which line the roadside. Indigenous is the name we go by here, and I think everyone is encouraged to keep on planting the verges and create landscaped areas by the very fact that the neighbours are all trying to outdo each other with the splendour of their pavements. It certainly is nice to live in a place where natural beauty is treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment