Tuesday 14 May 2013

Views from my balcony and surrounds

What started off as a slightly chilly morning has developed into another glorious day in Kommetjie. The Southeaster is keeping the False Bay coast cool and flattening the sea on our side. This feature enabled me to spot a very unusual sight through the gap between the trees - a fully rigged sailing ship gliding gracefully past. I rushed inside to grab my camera and unfortunately it is not expensive enough to take good zoom shots, but I did the best I could as it slid out of view. The next time I looked, amazingly enough, it was passing through an even tinier window of opportunity among the milkwood trees - I just love synchronicity!



May has brought us spectacular sunrises, sunsets and assorted cloud conditions, so there is never a dull moment as long as you keep looking skywards! Here are some more of my favourite clouds:

Better view from Fish Hoek!




This is the other tiny gap I can see the sea through.

Light rain hanging from the clouds at dawn






Dawn light on clouds looking south





No comments:

Post a Comment