Tuesday 21 May 2013

Lazy day

Today began at 5am with the fishing fleet chugging by my window. At 6am the sea must have picked up, because the crashing of the waves disturbed my dozing. A while later the Dirty Dozen arrived to empty the wheelie bins with no thought for those who were trying to catch the last of their shut-eye.

After a little perfunctory laundry duty, I hotfooted it up the road to clear the post box, then sat under the milkwood tree in the balmy autumn air enjoying a customary cappuccino. With every good intention to spend the rest of the day hard at work, my very pliable rubber arm was twisted to play hookey due to the exceptional weather we are experiencing and I found myself, after a little more perfunctory housework, sitting at a table at the Blue Water Cafe at Imhoff Farm with a group of very cheerful ladies who also felt the call of the great outdoors.

The view was spectacular, stretching from the Sentinel in Hout Bay across the sweep of bright white sands of Long Beach, Wildevoelvlei, Ou Kaapse Weg and Clovelly mountains. Horses grazed in fields of green and ducks and peacocks roamed a stone's throw away from where we enjoyed a long and very leisurely lunch as   ladies can, with plenty of diverse and entertaining conversation. Much, much later - more towards evening - the ladies moved on, while I unfortunately had to return to my housework duties to make it appear that my day had been filled with domestic endeavours! This only means that dinner must be ready, so it was no hardship really.

Life needs a good balance of work and play, and I reckon 50/50 will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment