Friday 20 May 2016

Lucky find

Could there have been a more perfect day, weather-wise, than today in the South Peninsula? I doubt it. Not unusual, but always worth a mention because of the overwhelming beauty of the surroundings.
Another visit to Simon’s Town - two in one week and sometimes not once in a year! This was a shopping / browsing expedition with my son, who has huge interest in antiquities, so it was a good place to visit. After a couple of hours, I was quite pkeased to reach the last place of interest, and as I stepped in the door, my peripheral vision immediately picked up the corner of a seascape and I knew right away who the artist was. Guy Todd, whom I  have admired for many years and always dreamt of owning one of his watercolours of fishing boats cresting the waves.
This one had my name on it,  and after about 30 seconds hesitation, it was wrapped and under my arm. I think this was the luck coming my way after the pigeon pooped on my head!
Lunch was fish from the Salty Sea Dog down at the old fish wharf, and I decided to give them another try after being disappointed about seven years ago. They didn't fail to disappoint again, and I won't chance that again. However, sitting on a bench overlooking the yacht basin more than made up for anything I might have had to complain about. It was bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment