Monday 5 November 2012

More quick and easy recipes

Tonight we are having baked chicken. Every day my son phones to ask what's for supper. I always say baked chicken and then he can be surprised, because it's always different, depending on what I decide at the last minute. Even now I haven't quite settled on the recipe.  Here are the alternatives:

1. Mix 1 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup chutney, 1/2 cup syrup, 2 Tblsp worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add chilli to taste if liked. Place chicken pieces in a casserole, cover with sauce and tin foil, bake for 30 minutes at 180 deg C, take off foil and cook another 15 minutes until brown and crisp. Serve with rice and salad or peas, carrots and squash. This is my personal preference. You may eat what you like!

2. Mix 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup chutney. Chop an onion and place in the bottom of a casserole, top with chicken pieces and pour sauce over. Follow instructions as above.

3. Put chicken pieces in casserole. Cut some large potatoes into wedges and place among the chicken. Mix a tablespoon of hot Durban chilli paste with some oil and brush over the chicken and potatoes. Bake without tinfoil.

4. If you don't want something so rich, do the chicken and onion and potato wedges bit, then sprinkle lavishly with salt and Herbs de Provence (a delectable mix of rosemary, thyme, oreganum, parsley and winter savory that I get from a friend in France or if I am there myself). Bake without tinfoil.

Hmmm. I think No. 2 tonight. Better get going...

No comments:

Post a Comment