Sunday 11 November 2012

Birthday celebration

Today I attended the 1st birthday celebration of my great-nephew, Alexander. He was born on 11 November 2011, believed to be a most auspicious day in the cosmic evolution. I like to think that he is going to turn out to be a remarkable person who will leave a worthy legacy for generations to come.

In the meantime, he is a very sturdy child, contented and easygoing and a very good traveller. He has already been to Spain and been the youngest guest at his uncle's wedding in Marbella, and I can tell you from personal experience that he took it all in his stride, or rather the length of his pram. His mother handled all the details with aplomb, and there was nowhere that Alexander wasn't to be seen; even the pram is in the beach pictures. How marvellous to have the conveniences of today that enable you to travel with small children - imagine how difficult it must have been before the age of disposable nappies - dragging a sterinappi bucket with you?!

He has the darkest eyelashes I have ever seen (looks like mascara) and the deepest blue eyes any boy could wish for, and I believe there is an awful lot of wisdom in that young head - he is one of the new generation of children who are going to change the world for the better. This is something I just know. Look at this photo and see what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment