Thursday 7 March 2019

Wanderlust

Wanderlust is a strong desire to explore and travel the world. Not everyone experiences wanderlust, but as I get closer and closer to shuffling off this mortal coil, I feel the need to be somewhere else while I am still able to travel. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? To me, a life less lived is no life at all and we are here to experience the good things of this world, and yet my adage is: For every thing there is a season. I know that when I have travelled it has been the right time, and soon it will be that time again.

Everything I am working on is with the aim of going back to places I have loved - I have done the reconnaisance trips and I have a basis for planning a journey, rather than randomly hoping to chance upon something interesting. Invaluable advice on pitfalls and pleasures can be found in the blogs and websites of a multitude of talented and entertaining travelbugs at the click of a mouse. Much pain and drama can be avoided by heeding the words of these seasoned travellers, and if they say don't eat at certain places or take a particular mode of transport, there is a reason for it.

Living as I do in one of the most award-winning-for-beauty-and-all-things-tourism cities, Cape Town, you might think I'd grown accustomed to my surroundings, but for that very reason I have embarked on a journey of being a tourist myself, and occasionally blog my excursions with, hopefully, a foreigner's outlook on value for money, friendliness, service and the whole experience. I hope to build it up to become a site of value to visitors to Cape Town, in the way that other travel writers have contributed to millions around the world enjoying a trip away from home, even if it has just been as an armchair traveller.

No comments:

Post a Comment