Sunday 28 February 2016

Puppy class

Puppy training class No. 1 successfully completed. I am now fully trained in how to present and give treats in return for appropriate behaviour. I know when to look away and when to say: Good girl!
You would be surprised how tiring it is to learn all these new things, and when we sat down (can't remember why!), I was so busy listening to the teacher that I didn't notice that Cleo had her entire head in the belt pouch where all the chicken biltong was! So that was a week's worth in a gobble. No wonder she felt like a snooze after that.
On the way, I was concerned that she might bounce all over the car and so tied her lead to the headrest with enough length for her to lie on either the back or front seat. She sat chewing away quietly (always a bad sign, I have now learned) for the half-hour trip, and I naturally thought she was being terribly well-behaved and chewing on her toy. I should have been alerted by the odd crunching sounds, but didn't crane my neck as I had no desire to ride off the side of the mountain. When we reached our destination, I found it was my Spanish hand fan, souvenir of my nephew's Marbella wedding, that had been on the receiving end of those sharp little teeth. Oh well.
The best thing I learnt today was that she should be getting iced treats to sooth her sore little gums with all those nasty shark's teeth pushing their way through, and I have to say that since implementing this useful bit of information, she hasn't chewed on anybody today, and not even Monty's tail. Let's hope it continues.
I now have homework to do, so enough of this blogging for today...

1 comment: