Monday 16 February 2015

Time for another Art Attack

Having such fun posting pictures of my paintings from the last 10 years - a good friend who is a very talented artist, mainly in wood sculpture, nominated me to post 3 paintings every day for 5 days as a way of putting more art on Facebook. There is a plethora of doom and gloom and just as much in the way of cute kitties, so a bit of escapism through art seems like a fine idea.
Scrolling through my sometimes very poor photographs of my work (I never expected to have them on social media - it didn't really exist when I started painting - and so just took snaps) has brought back some inspiration to pick up the palette knife again, with a determination to do even better than before. I think my Muse has returned after an absence of some years. Of course, this relates more to literature than to painting, but I am seeing further chapters of my novel developing like a movie in my head, so there is hope for me in more than one area!
After a few false restarts over the last few years, I think I am ready to not let myself down, and also have progressed sufficiently to accept disappointment without resentment. Plenty of lessons learned there.
So thank you, Mary-Anne, for kicking my butt in the nicest possible way, and making me believe the dream again.

My version of John Singer Sargeant's 'Oyster Gatherers' - it is said that one should do 100 copies of masterpieces to learn about painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment