Thursday 26 February 2015

A talent for rearrangement

The home makeover continues apace! Books have gone to TEARS charity shop, curtains and blinds have followed close behind and some suits and jackets (barely worn in 25 years or more and still in their protective covers) are set for the second-hand clothing shop. I have dispensed with a cupboard that was stuffed full for years by relocating or tossing the goods stored, from a tennis racquet I used at school (now an antique) to 150 empty CD boxes. With his amazing spatial arrangement abilities, my son has rearranged furniture, rehung every picture in the house (we now have a painting in the toilet) and created a whole new interior feel - change is always good, is his motto.
Even though the project is only halfway through, the space and light makes such a difference, and he is moving towards my end of the house with a ruthless determination to rid me of everything I have stored and clung to over the years. I have to admit that I am not a sentimental person and so actually find it easy to part with something - I just need the incentive of someone who is prepared to carry the item out of the house and place it in the boot of the car for distribution to a new home.
Having seen what he can do to a space, I think it would be a travesty if he wasted his talent - the ideal business for him will be to clear and repack cupboards and rearrange interiors of homes or even offices. There is no doubt that clearing the clutter clears the mind and opens the way for new opportunities.
So if anyone out there is feeling overburdened by 'stuff', let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment