Tuesday 24 February 2015

Revivals

I’m pleased to say that my agapanthus, which were so magnificent last year and didn’t flower at all this year (in fact, the leaves all died), have made a complete recovery and new leaves are growing from the centre of the plants. So the worm story was correct after all – having eaten the base of the leaves and presumably finished its life cycle, the worm had merely pruned the plant. So we can look forward to renewed vigour and beauty next season!
As predicted, the southeaster has been pumping up the valley today, and as the sun sets, a sheet of cloud is moving up the Peninsula from Cape Point – perhaps some unforecast precipitation tonight? As indicated in yesterday’s blog, my daily weather reports will be fairly non-committal until the weather settles sometime in the future, with forecasts of light gales, sunny clouds and mildly scorching temperatures. That way, whatever happens, I should be covered but not with egg on my face!

I’ve started a new painting after some years, with all the encouragement I have had from kind friends, and hope not to disappoint either myself or you. It should be finished soon and will be put out to the jury! I have plenty of ideas and hope to get back into the swing of things. It sure beats a desk job.

No comments:

Post a Comment