Thursday 21 November 2013

Slight rant

I started to write my Christmas wish list for the world, but reading it made me see that with the primitive state of human evolution on this planet, that really would be wishful thinking. The stories that are on the news, regarded as 'newsworthy', are so puerile and of infinitesimal importance in the greater scheme of things, that I also know why I seldom watch news programmes or read newspapers. We raise our blood pressure and temper levels over things that we have no control over - and there is seldom a report of any good deeds or moral and ethical fortitude - particularly from those in 'power'.

Funny word that, power. It means so many different things, depending on your perspective. It becomes more obvious every day that the man in the street has given away his power to live his own life to people who make rules for us to live by - none more ridiculous (to me) than the latest road rule pertaining to bicycles. I have blogged about this a number of times, as it is probably one of the most astounding ideas (to me) that a person playing sport on a public road should get preference over a licensed vehicle for which the roads were built in the first place.

I am working on resolving the problem of how to measure the exact distance of 1 metre between the car and the cyclist as I pass by (assuming that there is no oncoming traffic or a sold white line causing me to have to crawl behind these merry sportsmen as they refuse to ride in the gutter) and I have hit upon the solution. I will patent and market an electrode that is linked to the car battery, measures 1m when fixed to the left-hand side of the car, and makes a loud buzzing noise if it comes into contact with any body part of the cyclist. This will entail a small shock for the cyclist to activate the buzzer, but hey! if it keeps me 1m away, he will probably be more than willing to take the pain.

 I anticipate that this will become an indispensable car accessory and make me a multi-millionaire overnight!




No comments:

Post a Comment