Tuesday 5 November 2013

Another great day in Kommetjie

Today I awoke to the scent of jasmine wafting through the open window and the sound of a flotilla of 30 to 40 white tunny boats heading out to the fishing grounds. They made a pretty sight in the early pink sunlight as they went in search of the tuna which has been elusive for such a long time now. This is competition fishing, so hopefully it was 'weigh and release'.
It was a mild day, sunny but with high clouds, and towards evening a friend and I took my dogs for a long walk from the lighthouse to the island and back. They love to go out and sniff at every blade of grass or bush along the way, straining at their leashes as though they have never seen the outside world beyond our fence.
At one stage when I was holding them both, I was being dragged along so strongly that I could imagine myself with six beagles in each hand and a brace of pheasant between my teeth! There must have been some really interesting messages out there today, as they sniffed and replied to literally every one.

We stopped off at the memorial bench at the car park to watch the sea for a while and I took a photo of the scene to the south west and another to the north. You can scarcely believe it is the same time and place, but the edge of a cloud bank was clearly defined right overhead. No wonder they say you can have all four seasons in one day here in Cape Town!

Right now the setting sun is casting deep shadows among the warm red rocks of the Sentinel and Chapman's Peak, and sparkling off the windows of the cable station on top of Table Mountain.

Another perfect day draws to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment