Sunday 29 March 2020

Living with Lockdown - 4

It was a close thing. Today nearly saw the connection of a hefty plank with the other half's head. But restraint came to the rescue and the day proceeded with a lot of muttering and eventually a good bit of giggling with my daughter as we endured forced labour and finished painting one of the boundary vibracrete walls. I think that everyone else in lockdown is doing puzzles and games on the internet, but He Who Can Fix Anything has decided that we will use this time productively come hell or high water (I think that would be preferable).
A long overdue and major overhaul of the outside of our house is on the agenda from tomorrow. The unpaid slave labourers are not looking forward to the foreman's heavy-handed handling of his minions, and the hefty plank may well put in an appearance before long. That said, the work needs to be done and if all goes well, nobody will end up in intensive care.
I have heard nothing from any neighbours, nor seen sight of them. I can only assume that they are doing what normal people do on a Sunday - nothing.
One bright thing is that the baboons have not made an appearance since lockdown, and this makes me wonder whether this is coincidental to the withdrawal for the time being of the monitors or whether they are chilling on the cliffs. Whatever the reason, it certainly makes life a whole lot easier when the baboons are nowhere near.
A delicious smell is coming from the kitchen that has nothing to do with me - my daughter is rustling up a pasta with tomato sauce and fillet strips. What a treat! I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Just think how beautiful your house will look after 3 weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think how beautiful your house will look after 3 weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete