Monday 31 December 2018

Looking forward to 2019

I thought 2018 was not a bad year. I hiked in the beautiful mountains of the Cape Peninsula, survived another year, sorted out years of stress by knuckling down and getting on with the work that needed to be done, and I met many new and interesting people, as well as reconnecting with old friends. There were many special moments of great happiness. The year also brought me many valuable life lessons. If you want to know what they are, ask me. If you don't, that's okay.

I find the number 2019 pleasing to the eye and can only think that is a good sign of things to come. Not necessarily for everyone, as each person's perception of the world is aligned to their expectations, but for myself I am expecting only the best to turn up. The door has closed on 2018 and I have let go of the handle.

To those who didn't disappoint me, thank you for your important role in my life. For those who did, yours was the greatest lesson of all. I can only hope you found some value in the experience too.

In 2019, I will continue to explore life, fortunately with the aid of an air ticket, and remain true to myself, as ever. Anyone who wants to join me is most welcome. May all your wishes come true, so be careful what you wish for!

No comments:

Post a Comment