Tuesday 26 August 2014

More of my garden


Spring is sprung, the grass is ris, I wonder where the boidies is? The boid is on the wing! But that's absoid, the wing is on the boid!
 Raspberry ripple, which I suspect is from Australia, is providing the bees with lots of what they want, so it can't be all bad. The lavender seeds itself all over the garden and I let it just grow wherever it wants, occasionally cutting it back a bit when it starts to straggle.

 As you can see, we have had a boatload of water this winter. That little boat has been emptied twice in the last few months. Perhaps we should rather use a water tank for catchment! The mosquito population breeds very successfully in the boat and has easy access to a meal as the boat is outside the bedroom window.

 
My pride and joy, the indigenous lobostemom, has survived another summer and winter in a pot on the balcony and is just coming into bloom, rather later than those growing on the mountains. These plants appear to be quite temperamental and it often threatens to die, so I have to speak nicely and stroke its leaves and then all is well again.

I will be away looking at the flowers in Namaqualand for a week and have no idea when I will be in contact again. So enjoy the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment