Saturday 9 August 2014

A great Women's Day!

What a great Women's Day it has been! I met up with an old friend who I haven't really had a conversation with for about 20 years and we picked up where we left off as if no time had passed in between. All day, people from the past appeared, delightful women who it seems a shame I have not stayed in contact with over the years, and yet there is no reason for regret as, once again, a level of comfortable friendship was never lost. Even though there wasn't an opportunity to chat to everyone, there was still the feeling of kindred spirits gathering to celebrate life. A lot of water has flowed under our bridges since we last met, but everyone has survived and mostly prospered, if not materially, at least spiritually.





A day of music, good food, gentle imbibement and sisterhood was enjoyed under a bright blue sky, with just an occasional breeze to remind us that we are not quite finished with winter yet. Nature conspired to provide the perfect setting under the old milkwood trees overlooking the sea and only the sunset called an end to the celebration. I believe it is continuing at an indoor venue, but my participation is no longer called for - my idea of the perfect end to a perfect day is to sit on my deck and enjoy the changing colours of the sky, sea and mountains as darkness falls, so that's where I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment